Monday, June 29, 2015

The Donnas - I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me) (2005)


Side A:
I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me)

Side B:
I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me) (Acoustic)

The Donnas are another band that I absolutely loved ten years ago, who I have - I hate to say - all but forgotten about in 2015.

They really stepped up their game with 2004's Gold Medal. With every album they seemed to get better and better, and they reached their pinnacle with Gold Medal. They were always a great party band, but Gold Medal felt like the hangover. Which is probably why I loved it so much.

'I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me)' became the sound track to my life for a time in my early 20's. Like most people, I made questionable choices, romantically. And, 'I Don't Want To Know (If You Don't Want Me)' summed up my situation pretty damn well. As such, it was on heavy rotation during 2004-2005. I'm pretty sure it was the soundtrack to many a LiveJournal entry.

Hearing it tonight - for the first time in a long, long time - brought back a lot of memories. Suddenly, it's 2005 again and I'm drunk at the Crown & Anchor pissing my friends off and chasing boys. Gladly, I still really enjoyed hearing it tonight. The B-side is pretty faithful to the original, just played on acoustic guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment